Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Taxes - Done!

Taxes, done. No small feat considering our accountant got the rental property taxes back to us yesterday. I spent the evening talking to my brother, who was seeing no change in his taxes based on a 50/50 partnership split using our K-1s. But it looked great when they were all on my deductions because Pooteewheet makes so little. So today I called the accountant and asked, "How does the split work? Aren't there partnerships where one partner is 95% and the other is 5%?" There are. Saved about $2200. I think that's why I pay her. I shouldn't have to figure it out myself, particularly as she has a copy of our previous year's taxes. I'm pretty sure I deserve a tax preparation rebate.

No comments: